1. “Natural Flavors”
We continue to be surprised at how many so-called natural products are formulated with “natural flavors”. “Natural flavors” is nice-sounding term for toxic MSG (monosodium glutamate) — a powerful neurotoxin that has the ability to damage and burst brain cells as well as create global body symptoms, especially brain, memory, hormonal, and nervous system distress and damage.
We often feel like a lone wolf trying to lead the health pack away from MSG. But “natural flavors” is such a great flavor enhancer and works so well to disguise any off-tastes, that it is just too tempting for most manufacturers not to use MSG in their products.
You’ll see MSG listed as “natural flavors” on almost every health bar and protein powder. It’s hard to believe, but MSG lurks everywhere in many health products. Buyer beware. One exception is “natural flavors” listed in products from Europe which may refer to either MSG or actually be natural-source ingredients to flavor a product.
Aspartame (brand names: NutraSweet, Equal, NutraSweet Spoonful, Nutra Taste, etc.) is a toxic chemical sweetener contained in numerous consumer products (such as health bars, protein drinks, soft drinks, soup mixes, etc). It is a powerful neurotoxin with the ability to disrupt normal cardiovascular, hormone, and nervous system pathways.
You may want to think twice about consuming foods with aspartame consumption if you have any of the following symptoms: headaches, back pain, memory problems, hormonal concerns, depression, cardiovascular abnormalities, inability to think well or make decisions, fatigue, dizziness, chest pain, blood sugar problems, allergic reactions, allergies, weight gain, sexual problems, etc.
The following is list of adverse effects from short-term and/or long-term use of aspartame:
| || |
Aspartame consumption mimics symptoms or may worsen the following diseases:
| || |
Fructose is a refined sugar that has no enzymes, vitamins, or minerals, and robs the body of its own micronutrients in order to be assimilated. Beware of this toxic sweetener contained in many so-called health foods (i.e. health bars, protein drinks, nutritional snacks, children’s vitamins, cookies, etc.)
Research shows that fructose may help cause the following:
- Create insulin resistance and diabetes risk
- Increase fat weight gain
- Increase LDL, VLDL, triglycerides and heart disease risk
- Create mineral losses, especially iron and magnesium
- Inhibit copper metabolism
- Increase uric acid
- Increase acidosis
- Increase liver stress and diarrhea
- Create kidney imbalances
- Accelerate aging (increases cross-linkage of collagen in skin)
- Blaylock, Russell, “Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills,” Health Press, Sante Fe, New Mexico, 1995.
- Two former FDA scientists, Jacqueline Verrett and Adrian Gross, spent 3 months at Searle laboratories, discovering serious irregularities in research studies. Verrett called FDA’s final decision to approve aspartame “a giant cover-up.” Food Magazine, Vol 1 No.9, April/June 1990. (England)
- Judith Hallfrisch, “Metabolic Effects of Dietary Fructose,” FASEB JOURNAL 4 (June 1990): 2652-2660.